Automated yarn creeling system for tufted carpet manufacturers
The automated yarn creeling revolution is here!
- Make shorter product runs more economically
- Increase efficiency of your tufting machine for shorter product runs
- Save labour by eliminating the fixed creel
- Reduce waste to 2-5% with precision winders that accurately measure the yarn length required
- Takes up less than half of the floor-space of a traditional fixed creel
Creel systems have not fundamentally changed in over 100 years – until now. The CreelMT combines yarn-winding machines, robotic package handling and mobile creels to save space, time, labour and waste while increasing your efficiency. It also improves safety by minimising the handling of large, heavy yarn packages. Replace your old creel with our automated system today. Our production estimator will help determine which model is appropriate for you.
Model(s): 6R18S, 4R12S, 2R6S, 1R3S
While great technological advances have been applied to tufting machines in the past, the conventional creel has not kept pace with these innovations.
For modern tufting machines with yarn control at each needle position, the conventional creel is a compromise. Creels represent a bottleneck in the process, and a new solution is required to reduce labour, waste and changeover time, as well as allowing for shorter run sizes.
Modra Technology’s CreelMT solves these big problems.
…The Modra solution
CreelMT is an automated winding, robotic package-handling and yarn blow-through system. Empty mobile creels are brought to the off-line yarn-loading station. Each yarn location in the mobile creel can be loaded with the required thread-up1 and precision wound2 up to 1000 grams per position3.
The mobile creel is moved to the tufting machine and beam-spliced into the tufting machine.
While the tufting machine is running, the next set of mobile creels can be prepared. Mobile creels can be sized to suit your requirements.
- Full PC control system with integration to your thread up (A,B,C,D,…) and length data. (CSV, XML, Text or Export from NedGraphics Tuft)
- Hysteresis wheel at each spindle means length accuracy of +/- 0.5%
- Package details for winding packages with a max diameter 140 mm (~1000 grams for 2000 denier yarn)
The CreelMT is under patent protection.
Want to find out how this system could work for you?
Complete the form below to register your interest.